The society began performing light operetta in 1920 with a production of “The Dogs of Devon”. The works of Gilbert and Sullivan became an increasing part of their repertoire until activities were interrupted by the war years.
Activities recommenced in 1947 with the pantomime Aladdin which heralded the beginning of an uninterupted program of pantomimes, plays and reviews which has continued up to the present.
2020 will mark the centenary of the Society which since completion of the village hall in 1927 has been known as The Hutton Rudby Village Hall Choral and Dramatic Society. Recently the name has been changed to The Hutton Rudby Dramatic Society to more closely reflect the current repertoire of pantomime, drama and reviews.